What Ear faults can be fixed?
David Gault FRCS treats all types of disease and deformity of the external ear. There are many ways of classifying these conditions, from minor to major, aesthetic to reconstructive, and congenital (meaning present from birth) to acquired (meaning problems which develop later).
CONGENITAL EAR PROBLEMS (ear problem is obvious From birth)
The most common ear deformities present from birth can be corrected without surgery if treatment is begun early, using EarBuddies™. If the opportunity to use EarBuddies™ is missed, then surgery is the only option.
- Stick-out ears or lobes (Also known as Dumbo, FA Cup, Bat, Jug, Wing-Nut and Prominent Ears)
- Large ears / lobes (Macrotia)
- Small ears (Microtia)
- Absent (no) ears (Anotia)
- Polyotia or Mirror Ear
- Stahl's Bar (Also known as a Stahl's Ear, third crus or Spock Ear)
- Cup Ear (Also known as a Constricted Ear)
- Lop Ear (Also known as Collapsed Ear)
- Rim Kink
- Folded-Over Helical Rim
- Stick-Out Lobe
- Darwin's Tubercle
- Pre-Auricular Tags
- Pits & Sinuses
- Positional Problems
ACQUIRED Ear PROBLEMS
Here is a list of Acquired Ear Problems that can be treated: